7 scented trees Suitable for growing in the home.
Tree is another decorative item for the house that helps create a more pleasant atmosphere, if it is a tree that has a scent as well, it will help keep the house calm, shady and always filled with the scent. This article has collected 7 fragrant trees that can be grown indoors.
Lemon tree (Indoor Citrus) is a perfect size, fragrant tree suitable for home grown, dark green leaves with fruit like a small orange. Emits a scent of orange scent throughout the house. Can be easily planted inside the room or condo. Because it takes up little farming space As well as not difficult to take care of as well
How are lemon trees planted?
– Place a pot of lemon trees facing south or southwest. To receive at least 8-12 hours of sunlight.
– Place the pot on a tray full of pebbles. To keep the moisture from the water that watered the lemon tree
– Planted in well-drained loamy soil.
– Inspect the roots of the tree every 2 days to prevent root rot.
Orchids or Costus are very diverse species. There are 25,000 types of orchids in nature, which is considered an important export plant in Thailand. Stems without pith and bark It has buds that will sprout young shoots, young branches or single inflorescences with leaves, colors and sizes varying according to species
Most of the leaves are yellowish green. Inflorescences often bloom long, sometimes short, depending on the type. The smell of the orchid has a different aroma as well. How to choose an orchid that has the right scent, so it is best to buy it in the nursery. And ask for advice from the growers directly
How are orchids grown?
– You should study carefully that the cultivar of orchids is grown that likes low or lots of light. In order to have a suitable place for planting
– Usually grows well in temperatures of 21-29 degrees Celsius.
– Should not be planted in a general pot Choose a pot for growing orchids.
– fertilize every two weeks Using fertilizer formula 20-20-20 (nitrogen nourishing leaves – phosphorus nourishing flowers – potassium nourishing the stems)
– watering once a week
Jasmine (Jasmine) is a shrub or vine plant. Considered one of the most prolific plant species, there are up to 200 different types of jasmine essential oil, like lavender, vanilla, rose and peppermint.
It is often used for general consumption and for medicinal properties. Whether taking jasmine flowers to soak in cold water to quench your thirst Or bring dried flowers to boil water or brew hot water to drink For wasting disease Stimulate blood circulation The leaves are pounded with coconut residue to cover the blisters. It is also believed to neutralize fever, cure heat, and treat abdominal pain. And various chronic wounds
How is jasmine grown?
– Should be exposed to the sun as much as possible. Especially in the summer
– Pots of jasmine plants should be placed away from the thermostat in case of being planted inside the house.
– Place the pot on a tray full of pebbles. By adding water to the tray To keep the plants moist
– should be planted in the soil of peat moss To help drain water and air well
– Add fertilizer formula 20-20-20 (nitrogen nourishing leaves – phosphorus nourishing flowers – potassium nourishing the stems).
– Watering when the soil starts to dry out
Peppermint (Lemon Balm) is the same plant family as mint and basil. The trunk has a height of 70-150 cm when fully grown. Dark green leaves, similar to mint. But smells like lemon leaves Often white flowers in late summer.
Peppermint flowers are rich in fragrance and nectar. The taste is like lemon and citronella. Often emits the scent of essential oils It was originally used as a medication for a variety of ailments such as headache, toothache, sore throat, diarrhea, insect bites. Nosebleeds, etc.
How is peppermint planted?
– Planted in a place where the sunlight can easily reach.
– Keep it away from the place that is exposed to direct heat. To avoid the leaves being destroyed
– Planted in a small pot using general loam. By drilling a hole under the pot to drain the water completely.
– Place 2-3 pieces of chopped wood on top of the soil during hot weather. To help the soil retain moisture
– Fertilizer for 2 weeks with 20-20-20 fertilizer formula (nitrogen nourishing leaves – phosphorus nourishing flowers – potassium nourishing the stems).
5. Hundred thousand li or Sarapee Farang
Hom Muen Li (Sweet Olive) or Sarapee Farang Is the same plant family as jasmine Many people may know or hear the name of “Ten thousand li fragrant” as a tea drink, but actually the onion thousand Li or Saraphi Guava is another fragrant tree grown in the house.
It is popularly planted as an ornamental plant in southern Japan and Southeast Asia. The stems reach 8 meters high, single leaves, shiny oval, white flowers, blooming in small clusters from October to February. It often emits a faint scent with a slight citrus scent throughout the day
Ten thousand Li or Sarapee Farang are grown.
– Planted near the south or the west Facing the sun
– Should be planted inside the house during the summer. In order not to get too much heat from the sun.
– Control the temperature to be cooler than usual Especially at night To help the ten thousand leag onions to bloom beautifully
– Should be planted in well-drained loam soil.
– When the top of the tree grows about 3 inches from the soil, it should be watered once a week. Which requires frequent watering during the summer
6. Angel horn
Angel’s Trumpet is a family of peppers, eggplants, tomatoes, and tobacco.
It is a shrub about 2-3 meters high, leaves slender, oval, soft, thin and 18-25 cm long, with white bark, succulent, brittle branches.
When growing up, the stems will bend downward and upside down like a trumpet or speaker. They are purple, yellow, pink and peach. They bloom all year round. Especially in the rainy season They usually give off a mild fragrance during the day and a stronger scent from dusk to morning.
How are angel trumpets planted?
– Can be grown both in the garden and inside the house. In which care must be taken to keep them away from aphids, mealybugs, red mites and other pests
– Placed in direct sunlight To help make beautiful flowers
– Should control the temperature